- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a bowl, stir together flour, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Reserve.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together oil, eggs, and brown sugar until batter is smooth and blended. Stir in applesauce and yogurt.
- Pour liquid ingredients onto dry ingredients. Add carrots and raisins, and gently mix batter with a wooden spoon until just moistened.
- Divide mixture among 24 muffin cups lined with muffin liners. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until muffins are firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
To save time, brush oddly shaped carrots instead of peeling them, and use a food processor for grating.