- Place 75 mL (1/3 cup) julienned carrots on a work surface and dice finely. Reserve.
- Heat 15 mL (1 tbsp.) oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and diced carrot; cook for 5 minutes, or until carrots are barely tender. Remove from heat. Add ricotta cheese, 10 mL (2 tsp.) tarragon, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir and reserve. Place 2 wonton wrappers on a work surface and brush one wrapper all over with the egg white.
- Heap about 10 mL (2 tsp.) cheese filling in the centre of this wrapper and cover with the second wrapper. Using your fingers, press the sides together to seal well, forming a ravioli.
- Repeat this operation with the other wrappers. Pour remaining oil into a small bowl and add remaining tarragon. Process with an immersion blender to obtain green oil. Reserve. Cook ravioli in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for about 3 minutes.
- Drain; divide ravioli among four shallow bowls. Top ravioli with remaining julienned carrots and drizzle with tarragon oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve as an appetizer.
: When sealing ravioli, dip fingers into flour to coat lightly so that dough does not stick to them.