Chai blend for tea and latte
- Preheat the oven to 120˚C (250˚F).
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove nice pieces of peel from the oranges. Spread out the orange peel on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until dried. Remove the peel from the oven and chop coarsely.
- Spread out the cinnamon, star anise, cardamom, cloves, nutmeg, pepper, and vanilla on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 10 minutes or until spices are fragrant. Using a mortar and pestle, coarsely grind the blend of spices.
- Create layers of tea, orange peel, ginger, and ground spices in a 250 mL (1 cup) container.
- Tea: Place 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of the blend in a tea infuser ball and steep in 375 mL (1½ cups) of boiling water for about 10 minutes.
- Latte: Place 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of the blend in a tea infuser ball and steep in 375 mL (1½ cups) of hot milk for about 10 minutes. Remove tea ball and add some honey, to taste.