Chicken and acorn squash casserole
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Insert the sage under the chicken skin.
- Dip chicken legs in flour and shake to remove excess.
- In a large, non-stick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat and sear chicken legs on both sides until golden brown. Set aside.
- Spread out the onions and apples in a 34 cm x 23 cm (13 in. x 9 in.) baking dish and place chicken legs on top. Surround with the squash and cranberries. Pour in the chicken broth and maple syrup. Season to taste.
- Bake in the oven, uncovered, for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 77°C (170°F). Drizzle with lemon juice midway through cooking.