- In one pot, heat oil; then add chicken strips. Sauté poultry until slightly golden, without overcooking.
- Add shallots and yellow bell pepper. Sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and garlic, and continue cooking for about another 2 minutes.
- Add pasta, milk, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and let simmer, stirring regularly, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Add zucchini, tomatoes, and half the basil. Stir gently and cook for 2 minutes, or until zucchini and tomatoes are warm.
- Serve with remaining basil.
VARIATIONS: Swap chicken strips for extra-firm tofu cubes. Replace mini tomatoes with two large tomatoes cut into cubes.
Nutrition Note: This is a comforting dish the whole family will love. High in fibre and calcium, it’s the perfect blend of
Recipe translated from the book Les menus solution famille by Isabelle Huot and Nathalie Régimbal.