- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Reserve 125 mL (1/2 cup) cooking water; drain pasta and reserve. Season chicken strips with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a deep non-stick skillet over high heat. Add chicken strips and cook for 6 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and golden. Add garlic, sundried tomatoes and sweet peppers.
- Continue cooking for 4 minutes, stirring regularly. Add pasta, reserved cooking water, mâche and Italian seasoning.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss well to combine.
- Serve penne in large soup bowls; sprinkle with grated Parmesan and drizzle with olive oil. Savour.
: Replace chicken by slices of hot Italian sausage and the mâche by baby spinach leaves or arugula.