- Prepare toppings and set aside in different bowls.
- Zest an orange over a bowl. Peel it, dice it, and then add it to the zest.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the red onion and sweet peppers in 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of oil.
- Add 1 mL (¼ tsp.) each of salt and cumin, and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 5 minutes, remove from skillet, and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook the chicken strips in 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of oil over medium heat.
- Add 1 mL (¼ tsp.) of salt, 2 mL (½ tsp.) of oregano or herbes de Provence, and a pinch of hot pepper.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes depending on thickness of the chicken strips.
- Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and then heat in oven.
- Place tortillas, chicken, fillings, and salsa in the middle of the table and let your guests put together their fajitas as they like!
Use tortillas to make homemade pizzas. Brush outside of tortilla with a little oil, top it as you wish, and bake for 12-15 minutes at 200°C (400°F).
For a sandwich that doesn't take up too much room in the lunchbox, top a tortilla with any filling you wish, roll it up, and cut it in half.