Chicken leg Cacciatore from Stefano Faita
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Season the chicken.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a Dutch oven or large, ovenproof saucepan.
- Add chicken and cook until well browned on all sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Add the onion, garlic, and herbs, and sauté until vegetables start to soften, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add olives and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, stir, and cook 1 or 2 minutes. Add the wine and bring to a boil. Allow to reduce for 5 minutes.
- Add roasted red peppers, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Transfer the Dutch oven or saucepan to the oven. Bake until chicken is well cooked, or has reached an internal temperature of 77°C (170°F) and the sauce has thickened, about 35 to 40 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning, as needed.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.