- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Mix ground chicken with eggs, onion, breadcrumbs, half the basil, Parmesan, garlic, and salt until just combined.
- Divide in half and form into 2 free-form "loaves"; each about 15 x 9 cm (6 x 3.5 in.). Place both on a large foil-lined baking sheet.
- Spread each loaf with tomato sauce. Bake for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella and continue to bake for another 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted and a meat thermometer inserted in centre reads 74°C (165°F).
- Garnish with remaining basil. Serve with pasta and some more heated tomato sauce, if desired.
These meatloaves are just as delicious made with ground turkey, beef or pork. Serve one loaf for dinner and save the other for leftovers during the week, including cold in sandwiches.