- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add rice vermicelli and boil for about 1 minute. Drain and then rinse with cold water. Pat dry if necessary. Set aside.
- Combine chicken, green onions, and sesame oil in a bowl.
- Fill a large bowl with cold water and submerge a rice wrapper quickly to soften it. Place it on a clean work surface.
- Lay a lettuce leaf in centre of rice wrapper.
- Cover a third of rice wrapper with chicken mixture.
- Add a little rice vermicelli.
- Add some julienned mango, cucumber, daikon, and red pepper.
- Garnish with cilantro and mint leaves.
- Roll rice wrapper to middle, fold in sides, and continue rolling into a roll.
- Repeat process with the 7 remaining rice sheets.
Chef's tip: Use a mandolin to julienne vegetables more easily.
Variation: Replace chicken with shrimp or tofu.