- Salt and pepper chicken. In a large, non-stick skillet, heat 5 mL (1 tsp.) of oil over medium-high heat. Cook for about five to seven minutes or until browned on all sides. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining oil and sauté garlic for about one minute or until slightly golden.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for four minutes. Add white wine, scraping bottom of skillet to loosen all particles. Incorporate chicken broth and Dijon mustard while stirring.
- Bring to a boil. Add chicken and let simmer uncovered over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until sauce is reduced by one-third and chicken is cooked. Remove chicken and cover with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Add butter and mix until completely melted and sauce is slightly thickened. Sprinkle with fl at parsley. Serve chicken with red cabbage and sweet potato purée salad.
: To make a bourguignon sauce, replace the oil with three slices of coarsely chopped bacon and the white wine with red wine and add small blanched pearl onions while cooking the mushrooms.