*This recipe is courtesy of Oka cheeses.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) or preheat barbecue to high.
- Place mushrooms in a small bowl of boiling water and soak for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Lay chicken thighs flat on a work surface. Cover in plastic wrap and use a meat tenderizer or skillet to flatten. Add salt and pepper.
- Cover chicken evenly with cheese and rehydrated mushrooms, then roll up chicken.
- Wrap each roll with a slice of bacon and use a skewer to hold it firmly in place.
- Fry chicken rolls in a large non-stick ovenproof skillet on high, then bake for 15 minutes or finish cooking on barbecue on medium for 10 to 12 minutes. The internal cooking temperature of the chicken must reach 77°C (170°F).
Pair chicken with couscous or flavoured rice and grilled vegetables of your choice.