Chocolate, almond and Chaï spice biscotti
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter with sugars until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and blend well.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into butter mixture until blended.
- Stir in almonds.
- Shape cookie dough into 2 logs and place on parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving 3 inches (8 cm) between logs. Press gently to flatten slightly. Bake 40 min.
- Remove from oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F (160°C) and line a second baking sheet with parchment paper.
- While still warm, slice 1 cm (½-inch) biscotti on the bias with a serrated knife.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly browned around the edges, about 12 to 15 minutes. Biscotti will firm up as they cool.