This recipe is courtesy of Cacao Barry.
- In a saucepan, heat cream and milk.
- In a bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar.
- Pour warm cream over egg yolk mixture and mix together. Transfer mixture back to the saucepan.
- Return saucepan over heat, stirring cream constantly until it thickens and reaches 85°C (185°F).
- Strain to obtain a smooth texture.
- Add gelatin.
- Place chocolate in a bowl.
- Pour cream preparation over chocolate and let set for 2 minutes, then combine.
- Chill in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Sift flour, sugar, icing sugar, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy, then add flour mixture.
- Mix until dough is formed.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Roll out dough to a thickness of 4 mm, then cut out a circle 16 cm in diameter.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat and place the circle of dough.
- Bake in the oven at 160°C (325°F), until golden.
- Let cool and transfer to a serving dish.
- Combine butter and brown sugar.
- In another bowl, sift all dry ingredients.
- Add them to the butter and brown sugar mixture.
- Mix until just combined.
- Grate into small chunks using a grater.
- Spread chunks evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze at least 20 minutes before baking to harden.
- Bake in the oven at 160°C (325°F) for 15 minutes, or until cooked.
- Cool and set aside.
Putting it all together
- Place cream in a pastry bag with a plain tip.
- Squeeze little balls of chocolate cream onto the crust over a diameter of 14 cm. Leave 2 cm of space all around.
- Sprinkle pie with streusel chunks and diced mango.
Prepare chocolate cream the day before so it’s ready when you assemble the pie.