- In a small bowl, soak figs in the brandy for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, melt chocolate in microwave or over a double boiler.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Divide mixture in half and place onto 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Shape into two sausage-shaped rolls, about 20 cm (8 in.) long and 5 cm (2 in.) in diameter.
- Wrap them by pressing firmly so they won't crumble when cut.
- Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- Unwrap sausages and place them in a bag with the icing sugar. Shake to coat well.
- If you like, tie them with string to make them look like sausages.
- Bring to room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place on a wooden cutting board and slice into 1-cm (3/8-in.) thick rounds.
Serve with Clementines and small shortbread biscuits.
It's an ideal gift that's sure to please.
When well wrapped, the sausages will keep in the fridge for several weeks.