- Mix hazelnut spread, wafers, and melted semi-sweet chocolate in a bowl until combined. Refrigerate mixture until firm, about 1 hour.
- Remove a spoonful of chocolate mixture at a time (a little more than 15 mL or 1 tbsp.) and shape into a ball with your hands.
- If the mixture becomes too soft, refrigerate until firm again.
- Insert a whole hazelnut into the centre of each ball. Refrigerate.
- Melt dark chocolate with salt in a double boiler.
- Remove pan from water bath and let chocolate cool slightly.
- Dip chilled kisses into dark chocolate and then roll in chopped hazelnuts.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- When chocolate has hardened, transfer baci to an airtight container and store in a cool, dry place.
If the mixture is too hard, break it up with a spoon and shape into balls by hand. The heat of your hands will make shaping easier.
To add texture and flavour, toast the hazelnuts.