- Pour orange juice into a large saucepan of boiling water, add the garlic, salt, and pork spareribs, and cook for an hour at a gentle simmer.
- In the meantime, mix together the sparerib dry marinade ingredients together in a small bowl. When ribs have finished cooking, rub them with dry marinade. Let them sit in fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Mix all the chicken dry marinade ingredients together in a bowl
- Rub chicken with dry marinade and let sit in fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat barbecue to high. Grease the barbecue grill.
- Grill half-chicken directly on barbecue grill until nicely browned. Next, turn off one one burner and continue cooking chicken over indirect heat with the lid closed for about 35 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 82°C (180°F).
- Rub beef with 5 mL (1 tsp.) coarse salt. Grill for about 5 to 6 minutes, turning them over at the halfway point, for rare doneness. When cooked, add remaining salt and brush with olive oil.
- Grill spareribs on barbecue for about 5 to 6 minutes, turning them over at the halfway point, to brown meat.
- Serve the different meats with chimichurri sauce, grilled vegetables, and jacket potatoes.
Adjust amounts based on the number of guests. The leftover meat will be excellent in salads or on panini sandwiches.