- Season lamb chops with salt and pepper on both sides. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook lamb chops for 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate and reserve, covered with aluminum foil. Sauté garlic in the same skillet for 1 minute. Add chicken bouillon, scraping the bottom of the pan to remove browned bits.
- Stir in corn syrup, cinnamon, saffron and prunes. Simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes, or until sauce is somewhat syrupy and reduced by one third.
- Serve chops with prune sauce. Garnish with almonds and green onions.
- Serve couscous and Brussels sprouts on the side.
Variation: Replace prunes by dates, corn syrup by honey and slivered almonds by pine nuts.