- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- In a bowl, stir together grapefruit and orange segments with chives. Reserve.
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Heat oil in an ovenproof skillet on medium-high heat, and then place fish, skin-side down, in skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until fish is golden. Transfer dish to the oven and finish cooking for 5 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove fish from skillet and keep warm.
- Drain excess oil from skillet. Heat skillet over medium-high heat on stovetop. Pour in chicken stock and grapefruit juice. Scrape bottom of the skillet to remove browned bits.
- Allow sauce to reduce for 2 minutes and then stir in butter until completely melted. Season with salt and pepper. Serve fish pavés with citrus salad, sauce and jasmine rice. Garnish with poppy seeds.
Replace Chilean sea bass with another firm white fish.
* Using a knife, cut both ends of the citrus fruit to expose flesh. Stand the fruit on end and carve off the peel and all pith (white parts) with the knife. To remove the segments (sections without the membrane), slide the knife blade along each side of the segment to remove from the membranes.