This recipe is courtesy of Oka.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine egg and buttermilk in a bowl.
- Place flour, Oka Crème, butter, baking powder, sugar, salt, and pepper in a food processor, and pulse ingredients 4 to 6 times in a row to combine.
- Add liquid mixture, and pulse another 2 to 3 times in a row.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and add shallots, bacon, and shredded Oka.
- Mix dough by hand, shape into a ball, and refrigerate.
- Make sure dough is cold to make cutting the scones easier. Roll cold dough into a rectangle about 2.5 cm (1 in.) thick, then cut into 8 triangular scones.
- Place scones on baking sheet and bake on oven’s middle rack for 15 to 20 minutes.
Serve scones with Oka Crème, jam, yogurt, or even soup.
Dough can keep in the refrigerator for one month properly wrapped.