Classic Roast Beef with Vegetable Buttermilk Puree
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In a small bowl, mix the Italian dressing and steak spice. Brush roast generously with dressing and seasoning mixture. Insert a meat thermometer into the centre of the roast. Place meat on a roasting pan.
- Cook uncovered for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the thermometer reads 155°F (68°C) for meat that is medium rare. While the beef is roasting, cook the potatoes, carrots and rutabaga in boiling water for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables are nice and tender.
- Drain well. Add the buttermilk, salad dressing and savory. Using a potato masher, purée the vegetables. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep warm. Remove roast from the oven and cover with aluminum foil. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with the vegetable puree and a green vegetable.