Peach Cobbler in Jars from Ricardo
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Place six 1-cup (250 ml) oven-safe jars or ramekins on a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Stir in the peaches and lemon juice. Divide evenly among the jars or ramekins. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. With a pastry dough cutter or your hands, add the butter and mix until crumbly. Add the cream mixture and stir until the liquid is absorbed but the dough is still crumbly.
- Place the dough in clumps over the fruit. Sprinkle with sugar if desired. Bake for about 35 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Serve hot or warm.