- Preheat the oven to 425oF (220oC).
- Heat the oil on medium-high in large frying pan. Add the celery, garlic, ground chicken, Worcestershire sauce, tarragon, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes or until the ground chicken is no longer pink. Incorporate the cranberries or raisins.
- Gradually add the cookie crumbs, stirring constantly until the liquid is fully absorbed. Transfer the mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion. Cook for 10 minutes or until the onion is golden brown. Add the almonds. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Let cool.
- Sprinkle some flour on a large work surface and roll out the dough to make a pie crust 41 cm (16 in.) in diameter. Sprinkle additional flour on the work surface if necessary to keep the dough from sticking. Transfer the crust onto a large greased pizza pan.
- Place the ground chicken mixture in the middle of the crust, followed by the onions and almonds, leaving a 5 cm (2 in.) border around the edge. Top with the onion mixture. Unevenly fold the crust over the filling. Brush the crust with the beaten egg.
- Bake on the middle oven rack for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
: The more uneven the edge of the crust, the more rustic the look of the pie once the edges are folded over.