- Place rack in middle position and preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a small pot, melt butter over medium heat and cook shallot for 3–4 minutes. Add flour and continue cooking for 2 minutes, stirring regularly until smooth.
- Stir in cream, bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer for 2–3 minutes, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- Add remaining crab ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into ramekins and place on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix all breadcrumb ingredients into a sandy texture. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mix on top of the ramekins.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes or until the centre bubbles, then serve with croutons.
Can be frozen
Keeps in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days
Such a simple recipe, yet perfect for special occasions! Ideal when cooking for yourself or to enjoy with family and friends.
Photograph: Justine Marc-Aurèle