- Cut nori sheet into 4 identical squares. Cut each square into a circle.
- Use fingers to spread rice grains out onto each nori round
- Whisk together the tempura flour and water in a small bowl until texture is smooth like thick pancake batter. Dip each nori round in tempura batter, then coat with panko breadcrumbs.
- In a pot of oil or a deep fryer heated to 180°C (350°F), fry each nori round for about 3 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. Place onto paper towel and let sit.
- Mix together all ingredients in a bowl and then place this mixture between the nori rounds to form two "burgers".
Visit IGA.net/sushi to learn how to prepare sushi rice.