Crabmeat and maple-smoked salmon nugget sushi
- Stir together crabmeat, maple-smoked salmon, Nordic shrimp, orange zest, mild Thai chili sauce, and mayonnaise in a bowl.
- Place rice wrappers on a work surface and spread seafood mixture over centre of each. Roll up wrappers to make two rolls, and then cut each into four chunks.
- In a small bowl, whisk together tempura flour and cold water until blended into a thick pancake-style batter. Dip each chunk into tempura batter and coat with panko breadcrumbs.
- Insert a stick into each chunk to make pogos.
- Fry pogos in an oil bath or deep-fryer at 190°C (375°F) for about 2 to 3 minutes. Blot on paper towel.
- Blend together mayonnaise, honey, and orange zest in a small bowl. Serve as a dip, and garnish pogos with chopped orange and red masago (optional).