- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease a square 20-cm (8-in.) baking dish and set aside.
- Spread oat flakes and almonds onto a baking sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally, until evenly toasted and almonds are golden and release their aroma, about 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool and set aside.
- In a small saucepan set over medium-low heat, pour in honey, brown sugar, oil, vanilla, and salt. Heat just until brown sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, combine sunflower seeds, wheat germ, flax seed, cranberries, and coconut flakes in a large bowl. Add reserved toasted oat flakes and almonds. Mix in honey and brown sugar mixture with your hands until ingredients are all combined.
- Transfer granola mixture to greased baking dish, pressing down to even it out. Bake until golden, about 25 minutes. Let cool completely before removing from dish. Cut into 9 bars.
To toast coconut flakes, heat a pan for a few minutes.
When hot, add flakes and toast, stirring constantly, until flakes start to turn a light, golden brown.
Transfer quickly to a plate to cool.