Cranberry, maple and orange veal tenderloin
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and sauté ginger, garlic, red onion and cranberries over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add maple syrup and caramelize mixture for 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, dilute cornstarch in cold beef broth. Stir into skillet mixture and add orange juice. Season with salt and pepper. Reserve.
- Heat oil in an ovenproof dish on the stove, and brown veal tenderloin all over. Add sauce and place dish in oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Tenderloin is ready when still pinkish inside or when a meat thermometer reads 74°C (165°F).
- Once the veal tenderloin is done, add orange pieces and let sit for 2 minutes. To serve, carve meat in thin slices and spoon sauce over top.
- Sprinkle with snipped chives, and serve with sweet potatoes and grilled asparagus.