In a slow cooker
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sausages and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, or until well grilled. Turn sausages once halfway through cooking. Remove from pan and slice into rounds about 1 cm thick.
- Transfer to the slow cooker. In the same skillet, cook garlic and onion over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, or until both are lightly golden.
- Add garlic and onion, tomatoes, vegetable juice, black beans, taco seasoning and cinnamon stick to slow cooker. Stir gently to combine. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Add cranberries and sweet pepper and continue cooking on high for 15 minutes, or until pepper is tender-crisp. Remove cinnamon stick before serving. Serve with your favourite baguette and a green salad.
Variation: Stovetop Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; cook sausages, garlic and onion according to method given for slow cooker. Add diced tomatoes, vegetable juice, black beans, taco seasoning and cinnamon stick. Stir gently to combine. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 45 minutes, stirring several times during cooking. Add cranberries and sweet pepper and cook for 7 additional minutes.