Creamy Linguine with Mushrooms and Romano
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Drizzle with oil, toss, and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, brown the prosciutto over high heat for about 4 minutes or until crispy. Set aside.
- In the same frying pan, melt the butter and sweat the shallots for about 2 minutes or until translucent. Add the mushrooms and garlic and continue cooking for about 4 minutes or until the mushrooms release their juices.
- Add the chicken broth, cream, 75 mL (1/3 cup) of Parmesan, and prosciutto. Bring to a boil and reduce for about 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta and parsley to the sauce.
- Garnish each serving with Parmesan and parsley.