- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Slice pears in half lengthwise and remove core using a melon baller or teaspoon. Dust the inside half of each pear with maple sugar.
- Place half-pears onto a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, sugared side down.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until tender. Insert a knife into flesh to check doneness.
- Turn pears over and glaze on broil for 2 minutes, watching closely. Cool and cut into thin wedges.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat milk, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla with an immersion blender or whisk. Add flour and salt and beat until smooth. Sift and refrigerate in an airtight container for 2 to 24 hours. Add melted butter just before cooking the crepes.
- Preheat oven to 110°C (225°F).
- Heat a non-stick 20-cm (8-in.) skillet over medium heat.
- Lightly butter the skillet with a paper towel and remaining butter. Pour a few drops of crepe batter to check heat.
- When ready, pour 80 mL (⅓ cup) of batter in skillet and spread with the back of a spoon. Cook for 1½ minutes.
- Flip and cook another 45 seconds. Crepe should be golden.
- Cook one crepe at a time and keep warm in the oven on a plate covered loosely with aluminum foil.
- Reduce heat if crepes start to brown.
Spread the inside of each crepe with yogurt or fresh cream. Place pear wedges in the middle and fold crepes in four.
Place two crepes on each plate. Drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with toasted slivered almonds.