- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and add just enough water to cover them by 2.5 cm (1 in.). Add salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until potatoes are cooked, but still slightly crunchy. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Drizzle some olive oil onto a baking sheet.
- Using a plate, a rolling pin, or your hands gently crush each potato into a thick disc. Transfer crushed potatoes onto baking sheet and brush them generously with olive oil. Season to taste.
- Bake until potatoes are golden brown and very crispy, about 25 to 30 minutes. Serve with homemade classic or spicy mayonnaise.
Yield: 2 cups
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: none
Total time: 10 minutes
- Mix together the egg yolk, Dijon, lemon juice, and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk in the oil, adding it in a steady stream until mixture is creamy.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.