Tofu and Green Beans
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients, except for the mayonnaise.
- Reserve ¼ cup of the mixture. Add the mayonnaise to the remaining mixture. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a shallow dish, place the flour. In a second shallow dish, lightly beat the eggs. In a third shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs, onion powder and cayenne pepper.
- Dredge the tofu strips in the flour. Dip into the beaten eggs, allowing excess to drip off. Finally, press the sticks into the bread crumbs to coat them evenly.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, brown one-third of the tofu in 1 tbsp of the oil. Repeat with the remaining tofu, taking care to clean the skillet between batches. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, soften the shallot in the reserved dressing mixture (1/4 cup). Add the beans and toss well. Continue cooking for a few minutes or until the beans are warmed through.
- Divide the beans among serving plates. Top with the tofu. Serve with the wafu dressing and white rice.
, or "Japanese-style" dressing, is typically a mixture of soy sauce, rice vinegar and vegetable oil.