This recipe is courtesy of Tenderflake.
- Thaw pastry according to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Roll out puff pastry sheets and spread butter evenly over one side. Sprinkle each buttered sheet with 15 mL (1 tbsp.) sugar. Cut each sheet in half lengthwise to make two rectangles per sheet.
- Starting with the shorter side, roll each rectangle into a tight log and press to seal. Repeat with other pastry rectangles. With a floured knife, slice each roll lengthwise into half cylinders.
- Place half cylinders cut side up and pull ends together. Gently press ends together to seal. Place cruffins into a nonstick muffin pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until puffy and golden brown. Once cruffins have cooled, sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Garnish each cruffin with a spoonful of jam or marmalade (optional) and serve.