- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, cream together butter with both sugars using electric beaters. Add peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon to moisten the mixture, and then add peanuts.
- Roll batter into 2.5-cm (1-in.) balls and place on parchment-lined baking sheets. Press down lightly on each ball with a flour-dusted fork to make a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake cookies in batches, 2 baking sheets at a time, changing racks and rotating half-way through baking for even baking. Bake until tops are set and bottoms are golden brown, about 14 or 15 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
You can replace the crunchy peanut butter with smooth peanut butter and the peanuts with chocolate chips!