- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- In a bowl, toss sweet potatoes with 15 mL (1 tbsp.) olive oil. Transfer sweet potato sticks to a non-stick baking sheet. Season with salt to taste. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, turning halfway through cooking. Set oven on "broil" and continue cooking for 5 minutes, or until fries are lightly golden.
- In a saucepan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat and add onion and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, mild curry paste, sugar, and paprika. Reduce heat and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the sausages for 3 minutes per side. Place sausages on a work surface and slice in coins.
- Add sausage coins to tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir. Serve currywurst with sweet potato fries.
Origin: Currywurst is a sausage dish available at snack bars in the city of Berlin and throughout Germany. It is served with fries or slices of fresh bread.