Method for the Crémeux
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and cream.
- In a bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar vigorously for a few minutes.
- Pour the hot milk onto the egg yolks, while stirring to temper. Pour the liquid into the pan and bring back to heat slowly.
- Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until preparation coats the back of a spoon. Pour quickly onto the chocolate and wait a minute before mixing. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour into verrines and let stand in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Method for Cocoa Meringue
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- In a bain-marie, with a whisk, dissolve sugar in egg whites while stirring constantly.
- With an electric mixer, whisk egg whites for 5 minutes, then add cocoa powder and continue to whisk for a few more minutes.
- Using a spatula, spread a thin layer of meringue onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Sprinkle generously with long pepper and bake for 2 hours.
Method for Asparagus Whipped Cream
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place the asparagus on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool quickly in the refrigerator.
- In a blender, purée cooled asparagus. Pour the purée into a bowl, add cream and sugar, mix and return to the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Filter the cream mixture and whisk until soft peaks form.
Add a few spoonfuls of asparagus whipped cream in the verrines and sprinkle with pieces of crushed meringue.