- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F) and place rack in middle position. Grease a round 23-cm (9-in.) baking pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar, and sugar with an electric mixer. Add eggs, coffee, and vanilla and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture, water, chocolate chips, and almonds.
- Mix with a rubber spatula until smooth.
- Press dough into greased pan, making a giant cookie.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Spread dulce de leche over cookie.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt dark chocolate in a double boiler.
- Sprinkle cookie with puffed rice and drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Cut into triangular slices for serving.
How to make homemade dulce de leche:
Remove label from a can of sweetened condensed milk and place upright in a saucepan. Add enough water to cover the can with 5 cm (2 in.) of water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and let simmer for 3 hours. It’s important to flip the can every 30 minutes and to make sure it’s always covered in water so it doesn’t explode.