- Place wonton wrappers on a work surface.
- Brush them with the beaten egg.
- Place a goat cheese round in the centre of 18 wonton wrappers and top each one with 5 mL (1 tsp.) of chutney. Season to taste.
- Insert a wooden skewer , flat-side down, into a goat cheese round and cover with a wonton wrapper (brushed-side in).
- Press down to seal the edges. Repeat for each one.
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes and then fry in a saucepan filled with very hot oil (190°C/375°F) for 5 minutes. If you don't have a thermometer, just drop a small piece of wonton wrapper into the oil.
- If it bubbles, the oil is ready. Be sure the wooden skewers stay out of the oil.
You can freeze these appetizers BEFORE cooking.
You can keep them frozen for months before frying them.
To fry safely, use metal tongs to manipulate them.
Be sure to turn on the range hood while deep frying.