Deluxe hot dogs with remoulade from Christian Bégin
- Place celeriac in a bowl, drizzle with lemon juice, season with salt, and mix well. Cover and set aside for 1 hour. Drain if necessary.
- Incorporate crème fraîche, vinegar, and mustard. Season, add parsley, and mix. Check seasoning and set aside.
- Fry pancetta in a skillet until crispy. Grind it using a mortar and pestle or by hand. Set aside.
- Cut baguette into four equal-length pieces, then slice each one in half lengthwise without cutting completely through, to form a hot dog bun.
- Brush both sides (inside and outside) with butter.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- Grill sausages on barbecue for 5 to 7 minutes without boiling them beforehand.
- When well cooked, transfer sausages to upper rack. Grill baguette pieces on lower rack until nicely toasted on both sides.
- To serve, open the baguette pieces, spread with remoulade, and top with a sausage. Garnish with pancetta and cheese.
- Add a touch of mustard if you like.