Devilled eggs with hot-smoked salmon
- Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with at least 5 cm (2 in.) of cold water.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Once the water has started boiling, cover saucepan, remove from heat, and let stand for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer eggs to cold water to stop the cooking.
- When eggs have cooled, remove the shells.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks while leaving whites intact. Use a fork to mash the yolks, and then add the mayonnaise, mustard, herbs, salt, and pepper. Blend well.
- Spoon yolk mixture into egg whites. Top with a hot smoked salmon bite and sprinkle with paprika and snipped chives.