- Heat the duck thighs according to package instructions and set aside to cool.
- Remove bones, remove fat and tendons, and then chop finely.
- This should yield about 200 g of meat. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer or masher, reduce the cranberry sauce to a thick purée. Add the vinegar and spices.
- Mix the reserved duck meat with the green onion and cranberry sauce.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, as needed.
- Fill the shells, top with dried cranberries or parsley leaves, and then serve immediately. The bites will remain crispy for about 10 minutes.
- You could also let guests fill their own shells for maximum crispiness.
Serve the duck mixture on endive leaves or homemade melba toast.
Garnish with dried cranberries or parsley leaves.