This recipe is courtesy of Brome Lake Ducks.
Quick mango and ginger salsa
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Refrigerate in an airtight container.
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Combine all ingredients except shortcrust pastry and egg in a bowl. Set aside.
- Divide each ball of pastry into 4 small balls the same size, for a total of 8 small balls.
- On a floured surface, roll out each ball into a circle about 15 cm (6 in.) in diameter, ensuring pastry is not too thin.
- Place about 45 to 60 mL (3 to 4 tbsp.) of reserved duck leg confit mixture on one half of each circle.
- Moisten edges of circles with a little water, fold in half, and press edges together.
- Combine egg with a little water and brush empanadas with mixture.
- Place empanadas on a large baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm empanadas with salsa and green salad.