- Place the duck, garlic, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and honey in a resealable plastic bag to marinate in the fridge for at least six hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place the duck on a rack in a roasting pan and pour the marinade and vegetable broth over top. Bake covered on lower rack for about 2 hours or until meat thermometer registers an internal temperature of 70oC (160oF). Baste regularly with juices from the pan. Uncover a half-hour before the end of cooking so the skin may brown.
- Heat the canola oil in wok over high heat and stir-fry the sweet peppers and snow peas for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Transfer the duck to a serving dish and arrange vegetables around it. Garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro. Serve with puréed squash and the Asian pear and daikon salad dressed with vinaigrette.
Aide-gourmet tip: Prepare the salad an hour ahead of time by mixing all the ingredients together and then place it in the refrigerator.