Variation: If candied ginger is not available at your supermarket, replace it with 5 mL (1 tsp.) minced fresh ginger to vinaigrette.
- Pre-heat barbecue to medium-high heat. Wrap beets individually in aluminum foil.
- Place on grill and cook, covered, 45 minutes or until tender. Remove from flame and let cool. Peel and cut into quarters.
- Place pear halves on pre-oiled grill and cook 4 minutes on each side or until tender and grilled. Remove from flame and cut into slices.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, honey, vinegar and garlic. Fill four large, shallow bowls with lettuce and decorate with beet quarters and pear slices.
- Top with shredded duck confit and garnish with candied ginger, chives and walnuts. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
(Recipe by: Cintech Agroalimentaire)