- In a bowl, combine cheese, yogurt, garlic, honey, gingerroot, curry powder and coriander.
- Garnish with toasted cashews.
- Serve with raw vegetables and toasted pitas.
* To toast nuts, heat a small non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add cashews and cook for about 1 minute, or until fragrant and lightly toasted.
Caramelized onion dip
- Heat oil in a saucepan, over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes. Add brown sugar, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt to taste. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and caramelized.
- Combine cheese, yogurt, caramelized onions and parsley in a bowl. Place in fridge to cool.
- Serve with raw vegetables and whole wheat crackers.
- Curry dip For original, exotic appetizers, dab a little dip on fresh quartered figs and fresh pitted dates.
- Caramelized onion dip - Serve the dip warm (immediately after making, without cooling in the fridge) to accompany mini meat skewers: sausage chunks, chicken cubes, beef satay and others.