- In food processor or blender, combine olives, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, 2 tsp (30 mL) thyme and vinegar. Blend until coarsely chopped. Set aside.
- In Mason jar, combine cauliflower, carrot, radishes, remaining thyme and peppercorns. In small saucepan, combine vinegar, 1/2 cup (125 mL) water, sugar and salt; bring to boil. Pour over vegetables. Let cool completely. Seal jar with lid. Can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler. Arrange peppers on foil-lined baking sheet. Broil for 8 to 10 minutes or until charred and tender. Let cool completely and slice.
- Arrange baguette slices on baking sheet; broil for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Brush with olive oil.
- Arrange pickled vegetables, roasted peppers, stuffed olives, Parmesan cheese, prosciutto, Genoa salami, Calabrese salami and crostini on large platter or board. Serve with olive mixture.
Chef’s secret (tip)
Alternatively, serve platter with a mix of flatbreads and breadsticks instead of baguette rounds if desired.