Eggplant and doré-mi cheese millefeuille
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Coat cheese and eggplant in flour and remove excess. Heat 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of olive oil in a skillet. Cook cheese and eggplant over medium heat until browned (about 1 minute for cheese and 2 minutes for each side of eggplant). Drain on paper towel. Heat remaining olive oil in a skillet. Fry garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add breadcrumbs and cook over medium heat until browned and crisp. Add capers, lemon zest and lemon juice and combine. Set aside.
- Place an eggplant slice in a baking dish and cover with cheese, then breadcrumbs, another eggplant slice, parsley leaves, cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Top with an eggplant slice and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Repeat three times. Pour tomato sauce in bottom of dish and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with grilled meat.