- Preheat BBQ to medium heat (not too hot).
- Shuck corn, remove silk, but keep part of the husk.
- Soak corn in cold water for about 30 minutes to keep it from char-grilling too fast on the BBQ.
- Brush corn with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt.
- While corn soaks, in a bowl, combine crumbled feta cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic, fresh cilantro, chili powder and pepper.
- Cook corn on the BBQ until well-grilled (15 to 20 minutes).
- Cover corn with mixture.
- Sprinkle with chili powder, fresh cilantro and more crumbled feta!
The traditional cheese used is a Mexican cheese called cotija or queso cotija. It is similar in texture to Greek feta, but is made from cow’s milk rather than sheep’s milk.