Foie gras escalopes with pear and caramelized onion
- In a small saucepan, bring water, maple syrup, lemon juice, and onions to a boil. Reduce by half.
- Place pear quarters into simmering syrup. Brown and caramelize the pears over low heat (about 10 minutes depending on pear's firmness). Set aside.
- In the meantime, fry still frozen foie gras slices about 2 minutes per side.
- Place each foie gras escalope onto a warm slice of toast. Garnish with a pear quarter and thinly sliced onions.
- Drizzle with maple syrup if you like, season with peppercorns, and garnish with microgreens.